Dentures are custom made replacements for missing teeth and can be taken out and put back into your mouth. While dentures take some getting used to, and will never feel exactly the same as natural teeth, today’s dentures are natural looking and more comfortable than ever.
We provide the following types of modern denture:
- Flexible (valplast)
- Metal based (chrome)
All dentures are made using your own specially constructed impression trays which will fit your mouth perfectly and therefore giving a better fit to your denture.
Looking after your dentures
- On the whole, dentures are strong and hard-wearing and should last for many years. Have regular, yearly check-ups so that we can check the health of your gums
- Remove your dentures at night, unless otherwise directed, to give your gums a chance to rest
- Clean your dentures daily with a toothbrush or a special denture brush – don’t use toothpaste, denture cream is preferable
- When not wearing it store your denture in water or denture fluid. If a denture dries out it may go hard and change shape
- Rinse thoroughly before you put it back in
- Remember your gums and any remaining teeth still need brushing and cleaning twice as day as normal
For further information on any of our services or to book an appointment, call us on 020 8500 3339.