Through keeping up with advancing dentistry we hope that our practice can provide our patients not only general dental maintenance but an opportunity to prevent decay and tooth loss by teaching and encouraging good oral hygiene and providing up to date treatments for gum disease and discovering tooth decay at its earliest stages.
When you visit the practice our main aim is to help you maintain a healthy and attractive smile and we believe to do this it is better to prevent problems rather than have to treat them.
At examinations the dentist will regularly use a Diagnodent, this device allows the dentist to discover the early stages of decay and therefore deal with the problem before it could become a major concern.
- Fissure sealants are also advised as these can help prevent healthy teeth becoming decayed.
- We also encourage the use of inter-oral products to help keep gums and teeth strong such as water flossers, traditional flosses and interdental brushes.
Scale & Polish
The scale and polish is designed to give your teeth a thorough cleaning which is more effective than brushing alone. Not only will your teeth look cleaner but your whole mouth will feel cleaner, too.
- The dentist will be using something known as an ultrasonic scaler to remove the hardest tartar. This vibrates at a high speed to break up the hard substance on your teeth, your gumline and between your teeth in those hard to reach places. A jet of water will wash away any debris from this stage in the cleaning process.
- Next step is the polish stage, this will restore your teeth to their natural sheen using a rotating brush and a professional toothpaste.
Air Flow Polisher
Air flow is an advanced polishing treatment which uses air and aesthetic polishing powder to rapidly remove surface stains (coffee, tea, red wine, tobacco etc) and dental plaque which are impossible to remove with normal brushing.
- The Air flow polisher does not have direct contact with the teeth so is more comfortable for patients.
- It is kind to tooth surfaces, non-damaging to the structure of teeth and significantly improves tooth brightness, giving immediate noticeably lighter and brighter teeth.
These treatments are carried out on patients that have a particular problem with their gums and need more in depth visits.
This is used when patients experience sensitivity when eating and drinking cold items. We use a clear dental varnish which protects and seals the sensitive areas of your teeth.
We advise patients to wear a nightguard if they have the tendency to grind or clench their teeth at night. This helps to minimise any damage which could be caused to the jaw joint or teeth.
For further information on any of our services or to book an appointment, call us on 020 8500 3339.